A Webcast with Dr. Michael J. Cameron, Ph.D., BCBA-D, LBA and Cheri Vandermey, MA, BCBA
CEUs: 2.5 (Type 2) CEUs, 1.5 in Supervision and 1 in Ethics for Board Certified Behavior Analysts
Although Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) often assume a professional role involving clinical consultation, few BCBAs receive formalized instruction in the consultation service delivery process used by skilled Board Certified Behavior Analysts. The purpose of this webcast is to provide guidelines for BCBAs interested in developing their consultation proficiency and applying their skills in context of a public school. Within this webcast, Dr. Michael Cameron and Cheri Vandermey cover important topics such as:
- the socio-political environment in schools,
- the eight ProSocial design elements that define harmonious cultures,
- the characteristics of a successful BCBA consultant within a school system,
- functional behavior assessment tools used within schools,
- the implications of medical and psychiatric co-morbidities for behavior intervention plans,
- evidence-based practices within public schools,
- appropriate data collection methods for the school environment,
- quality of life measures,
- collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams, and
- resources for bullying and suicidal behavior.
Following this webcast, participants will:
- Describe three actions the BCBA can take when preparing to work within the social and political environment of a public school.
- Name the eight design elements of ProSocial.
- Describe how a medical or psychiatric co-morbidity can impact the coordination of the implementation of a behavior intervention plan.
- Outline the data collection options for use in a public school.
- Describe resources to support individuals impacted by bullying or suicidal ideation.
Successful completion of webinar offers 2.5 (Type 2) Continuing Education Units, 1.5 in Supervision and 1 in Ethics to support the professional development of Board Certified Analysts and Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analysts.
***All sales are final.
About the Presenters:
Michael J. Cameron Ph.D., BCBA-D, LBA, is the Chief Scientific Officer for The Cedar Group (Eagle Rock, California). He received his doctorate in experimental psychology at Northeastern University. He was the Founding Chair of the Department of Behavior Analysis at Simmons College, an all-women’s college in Boston, Massachusetts. His research and publications are in the areas of behavior analysis, the antecedent control of aberrant behavior, behavioral medicine, and behavioral interventions
Cheri Vandermey, MA, BCBA, has extensive experience working with schools, agencies, and families addressing the needs of individuals with a variety of special needs. She is the Behavior Analyst for Claremont Unified School District and was an adjunct professor at California State University, Los Angeles. She has worked as a behavior analyst for numerous public school districts as well as for different non-public schools for students with special needs. She is a credentialed special education teacher who taught students with emotional and behavioral disorders for many years. She has a Master’s degree in Special Education with a concentration in Facilitating Behavior Change in addition to a Master’s degree in Theatre. She is also a frequent presenter at local, state, and national conferences